Decision Making Body: Planning Committee
Membership: 10 Members of the Authority.
1. To exercise the powers and duties of the Council conferred by law relating to Town and Country Planning and development control matters, including:
(a) Power to determine applications for planning permission.
(b) Power to determine applications to develop land without compliance with conditions previously attached.
(c) Power to grant planning permission for development already carried out.
(d) Power to decline to determine applications for planning permission.
(e) Duties relating to the making of determinations of planning applications.
(f) Power to determine applications for planning permission made by a local authority, alone or jointly with another person.
(g) Power to make determinations, give approvals and agree certain other matters relating to the exercise of permitted development rights.
(h) Power to enter into agreements regulating development or use of land.
(i) Power to issue a certificate of existing or proposed lawful use or development.
(j) Power to serve a completion notice.
(k) Power to grant consent for the display of advertisements.
(l) Power to authorise entry onto land.
(m)Power to require the discontinuance of a use of land.
(n) Power to serve a planning contravention notice, breach of condition notice or stop notice.
(o) Power to issue an enforcement notice.
(p) Power to apply for an injunction restraining a breach of planning control.
(q) Power to determine applications for hazardous substances consent, and related powers.
(r) Duty to determine conditions to which old mining permissions, relevant planning permissions relating to dormant sites or active Phase I or II sites, or mineral permissions relating to mining sites, as the case may be, are to be subject.
(s) Power to require proper maintenance of land.
(t) Power to determine application for listed building consent, and related powers.
(u) Power to determine applications for conservation area consent.
(v) Duties relating to applications for listed building consent and conservation area consent.
(w)Power to serve a building preservation notice, and related powers.
(x) Power to issue enforcement notice in relation to demolition of unlisted building in conservation area.
(y) Powers to acquire a listed building in need of repair and to serve a repairs notice.
(z) Power to apply for an injunction in relation to a listed building.
(aa) Power to execute urgent works.
(bb) References from statutory undertakers.
(cc) Development proposals submitted on behalf of the County Council or District Council.
(dd) Issue of certificates of appropriate alternative development.
2. To carry out negotiations with developers to facilitate the development or redevelopment of any part of the District.
3. To make recommendations to the County Council and to exercise the powers and duties of the District Council in relation to County matters as defined by Schedule 16 of the Local Government Act 1972.
4. Powers relating to the protection of important hedgerows.
5. Powers relating to the preservation of trees.
6. Local choice functions allocated to the Planning Committee as set out in Section 1 of Part 3 of the Constitution.
7. To be consulted by the executive during the formulation or preparation of any plan or strategy to be comprised within the Development Plan.
8. To exercise the powers and functions of the Council under Part 8 of the Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2003.
Support officer: Kate Batty-Smith. Democratic Services Officer
Dover District Council
White Cliffs Business Park
Phone: (01304) 872303
Fax: (01304) 872453